Proposals are invited for a special issue of Child Abuse Review to be published in July/August 2019
Child Abuse Review has remained at the cutting edge of a constantly changing field for over 25 years. The journal has exposed and examined new forms of child harm and evaluated and disseminated innovative interventions and therapeutic approaches in child protection and safeguarding.
Special issues provide a platform to examine, share new perspectives and initiate discussion on a specific area of research and practice that has not been covered substantially in the journal. See previous Special Issues, and more information about Child Abuse Review.
Proposal documents should include the following information:
- The name and address for communication of the guest editor(s)
- A 500-word rationale explaining the significance and adherence to the scope of the journal of the proposed theme
- The planned approach for obtaining quality papers
- Brief CV/résumé of the guest editor(s) including previous editorial experience
- List of potential reviewers.
Please note that all papers submitted to the special issue will be subject to the usual double-blind peer review process. Also, that no more than one included paper should be from any of the guest editors’ own institutions.
Each submitted proposal will be evaluated and rated based on the following criteria by the Editors:
- Overall quality of the proposal
- Fit of the topic within the scope of the journal
- Provides significant novelty and complements previously published issues of the journal
- Previous editorial experience of the guest editor(s).
Special Issue proposals should be submitted by Friday 22 September 2017 by email to:
Diane Heath, Editorial Manager: email@example.com