Child Abuse Review is currently seeking to appoint two to three new Associate Editors to join the existing Editorial Team
Applications are particularly welcome from the fields of social work, psychology and child and adolescent psychiatry as well as other relevant disciplines including paediatrics, general practice, law and law enforcement, nursing and education.
The responsibilities of an Associate Editor include:
- Managing manuscript peer review through an online submission system within agreed timeframes (approximately 10-15 manuscripts per year)
- Helping Co-Editors to make final decisions on manuscript acceptance
- Promoting the journal by encouraging and inviting relevant manuscript submissions
- Assisting with the continuous growth of the journal’s readership
- Making suggestions for themed, special and virtual issues of the journal on relevant topics
- Attending meetings of the Editorial Board and Editorial Team either in person or virtually (3-4 meetings per year)
- Contributing to the journal’s ongoing development.
Candidates should have experience of:
- Writing for and publishing in international research journals
- Serving on the Editorial Board of an international research journal
- Undertaking reviews of manuscripts as part of a journal peer review process, providing constructive and impartial judgement on the work of others
- Strong organisation skills.
Term of Service
Associate Editors are appointed for an initial term of three years. This may be extended for further two years.
Please send a CV including list of publications with a short letter outlining your interest and suitability for the post by 30 June 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further discussion, please contact Jane V. Appleton, Co-Editor: email@example.com