Inspiring Good Practice Through Training: Child Protection Trainer Conference & Trainer of the Year Award
16th January 2018 at 10:45 am
Double Tree by Hilton, 92 Southampton Row, London
Inspiring good practice through training
A conference by the NSPCC and BASPCAN dedicated to those involved in child protection training.
Tuesday 16 January 2018, 10.45 am – 5.15pm
Double Tree by Hilton, 92 Southampton Row, London WC1B 4BH
BOOKINGS FOR THIS EVENT ARE NOW CLOSED DUE TO THE HIGH DEMAND FOR PLACES.
Please contact the BASPCAN office by email at email@example.com if you have any questions or wish to add your name to a waiting list.
(please note change of venue)
This inaugural event is specifically designed to address the needs of those who design and deliver child protection training across the UK and Ireland. It is also a celebration of the contribution of trainers to protecting children and young people from abuse, through the presentation of the first Child protection trainer of the year award.
About the conference
The day will include keynote speeches and panel discussions, covering:
- the most recent research on childhood adversity and social norms
- training for online safeguarding
- training with experts by experience
- innovations in training practice from across the UK
About the Child protection trainer of the year award
Trainers transform the way we perceive and respond to child protection concerns, so in June 2017, the NSPCC and BASPCAN launched the Child protection trainer of the year award. Over 100 nominations were received from across the UK and Ireland – an overwhelming response demonstrating the recognition of talent within the sector. The winner will be presented with the inaugural award at the end of the conference, and all nominees will be named in the conference literature.
Aims of the event
- To refresh, update and enable trainers who design and/or deliver child protection training to do so drawing on the latest information within the field
- To celebrate the contribution of trainers to protecting children and young people from abuse, through presentation of the Child protection trainer of the year award
Who is the event for?
The conference is relevant to those providing training within any setting, for work with children, young people and their families. Delegates will have the space to share insights about the latest strategies, policies and programmes to protect children.
This is a unique opportunity for all those involved in designing or delivering child protection training, for various audiences and settings, to update and refresh their knowledge, build their effectiveness and network with other trainers.
This unique event will equip delegates with the skills and knowledge to:
- identify positive ways to address key challenges facing child protection trainers
- describe the impact of early adversity on children and social norms
- identify recent research, policy and practice developments that are relevant to child protection training
- outline the contribution of experts by experience to child protection training
- identify and integrate issues of online safety within child protection practice
Emeritus Professor Jan Horwath
Professor Lucy Bowes and Professor Sian Pooley – Oxford University
Almudena Lara – Head of Policy and Public Affairs, NSPCC
Dr Sam Warner – Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Laura Randall – Senior Manager, Child Online Safety, NSPCC
Marie Smith – Head of Education, CEOP